Thursday, July 17, 2008

Yum

So... a few weeks back, I picked up Gordon Ramsay's "Fast Food" at Costco. Taken a couple ideas from it but I haven't done a full-on recipe.

The hubby was atcually looking thru the book the other day, and saw the "Scrambled Eggs with Crabmeat & Chives" and said something along the lines of "woah, that looks good."

I already had some lump crab in the fridge, and it did look like a great, easy meal to make in the hot weather we currently have.

It's pretty easy... start some eggs in a pan on medium to low heat, and when they are about halfway scrambled, dump in your crabmeat, some chives, and a couple of tablespoons of creme fraiche, and don't overcook it. I served it on top of toasted English muffins. The hubby took one bite and said "This is the best thing I have EVER eaten. Or at least in the last six months." I'll take that praise!

It really was good... and no harder than making scrambled eggs. I used a $15 can of lump crabmeat, but it would work nicely with a mix of lump and backfin meat. Or really any crab that is a step above the canned Chicken of the Sea crap they have next to the canned tuna.

Getting busy at work. We've got a major software release in about a week and a half, so we've (ok, ME, other co-worker has been working on other projects) been working to get stuff prepped for that..... so of course this week we've had a new, not as major software release that came out. While not a big deal for the engineers to make a fix, build the software and release it, it means we have to re-do CD artwork, CD sleves, and a bunch of content to simply update a damned version number. Not so fun. And my day ended with someone turning over about 40 pages of doc that needs MAJOR rework by the big software release. Tomorrow is gonna be a looooong week.

Was thinking of actually running out for lunch tomorrow to pick up some Roly Poly - I am addicted to that place and have not been there in too long - but tonight also included a spinach salad for me, and I have enough leftovers that I could take that for lunch tomorrow. Decisions, decisions. And my lazy self would just rather not have to run out in the middle of the day and deal with a hot car and the hot temps and the people acting stupid because it's hot. And maybe, with the workload I already have on my plate, it might be best to stick close to the office. Because if the last ten years of the "hard work and lots of unpaid overtime = PINK SLIP" have taught me, it is that my ass it OUT the door at 5pm each night. Sigh.

No comments: