Sunday, January 13, 2013

Eggplant Parm Stacks (And traditional veal parm)


I do love me some veal and eggplant parmesan.

We used to have a great Italian place in town, Bimbos.  Sadly, it went the way of a lot of mom & pop places... owners got older, and the land the place was on became worth a LOT of money for just the lot. It was inevitable that it was gonna close.  And get torn down.

But the gem that place gave us was the combo plate of eggplant and veal parmesan.  I think the first time the husband saw that, he looked at me with a gleam in his eye and said "They can do that?!?!?"  It is what he got every time we went there.

If you're going to "parmesan" something, it is just as easy to do multiple things as one.  Well, almost as easy.  In gluten-free land, a full regular eggplant plus veal would probably mean about $5 in gluten-free breadcrumbs alone.  I am to cheap to do that most times.

A friend mentioned she was making Eggplant Parm Stacks  and I was immediately interested.  I knew I could use some gluten-free bread for the breadcrumbs, and it all seemed pretty darned easy.

And it was.  I do love the sliced garlic stuffed into the slices, it really adds a LOT of flavor to "just eggplant".  I went for the fresh mozz, but the shredded stuff would work fine to.

I served my stacks over a little polenta, the man got pasta.



Yum.







Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments: