Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just another Thursday.....

So.... the new job is going well, despite all the stinkin' construction traffic around the office. At least I have learned that being stuck in traffic is a good time to do important things like rate all the songs on your MP3 player and catch up with Ebooks on my Palm. Productivity, people!

Oh, although I have also learned that the Sansa Fuze MP3 players are NOT a good choice with and old Compaq laptop. Problems with power to the USB ports and I just can't get the thing to work correctly on my laptop. So I can sync my Palm on my laptop and NOT my desktop, and I can transfer files to my MP3 player on my desktop, but not my laptop. I suppose in the scheme of the world, it makes sense somehow.

So... today.... I was looking at the Outlook calender at work, and I totally realized it was one of my favorite days of the year.....



Happy Beajolais Nouveau Day, 2009!!

(Of course, that also means that HOLY CARP THANKSGIVING IS A WEEK AWAY AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FIGURED OUT WHAT I AM MAKING AND I ALSO HAVE TRAINING ON SATURDAY AND STUFF TO DO ON SUNDAY SO I DON'T KNOW WHEN THE BLEEP I WILL GET A CHANCE TO EVEN SHOP is the panic in my head, but I know it'll all work out)

What to serve with the fine wine??

Well, today the oven also got fixed (YAY!!!!) so I obviously had to use it when I got home. Scotch eggs, anyone??

That is sausage wrapped around a hard boiled egg, that is given a flour-egg-toasted panko coating and thrown in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.


I think the oven performed beautifully. Thank you, Abt oven repair dude!!

1 comment:

Hurricane Mikey said...

I thought Scotch Eggs were deep fried?

Well maybe the one I had at Crown & Anchor was. I don't recall. One thing I *do* remember, however, is that if you're going to eat a Scotch Egg and drink a heavy, dark, English beer at the same time, it's probably a good thing that you live alone.

I'm just sayin'...