Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

I'm rather proud of myself.

We went to the usual parade party at my brother-in-law's house this morning (their yard is prime viewing space for one of the bigger/better parades in the NW 'burbs) and some fun was had.

  1. I'm surprised I showed enough self-control to not take a run thru the yard to go into the street to whack our current governer in the head, since he's apparently just as useless as good ole Blaggo. But the thought did cross my mind.
  2. I'm also surprised that no violence came to the "jazz clowns" by my hands. Clowns that play jazz. It's the stuff that nightmares are made of. I took the time they were passing the house to go make myself another bloody mary.
  3. My sister in law's father can apparently be spotted by a politician at 50 yards. It was hilarious - EVERY politician walking the parade went over to shake his hand.
  4. Since when do churches have floats in parades? And have people trying to convert you on the spot? Apparently the hubby tripped someone's "heathen radar" and some chick came beelining off the float and made a path right to the hubby (I was in the chair next to him) to hand him some literature. He just replied "Sorry, but you have picked the WRONG person" and we all went into hysterical laughter. Seriously - the woman had eyes ONLY for the hubby in the crowd. It was just odd.
  5. Funniest kid moment - when the parade was just starting up and the first round of bagpipers started up, my oldest nephew saying with MUCH excitement "I *LOVE* bagpipes!"

Good times.

No comments: