Thursday, April 23, 2009

I've lost my mojo!!

I don't know why I always forget that this happens the week after a layoff.

I have totally lost my cooking mojo. Seriously... I could pull a Homer Simpson and set fire to cereal by pouring milk on it right now.

The week started off with burned rice (while it was on the lowest setting on my simmer burner), a funky avocado, tonight I managed to burn sausage and mangle sausage gravy.

Seriously?? I can usually make sausage gravy in my sleep.

Hopefully, next week will be better. This week is already looking up... I had two phone interviews today that resulted in one face-to-face interview on Tuesday (other place has a slower process... I'll know next week if they want me to come in). Both sound great in their own way.... one is very, very much like my last job - which I loved, and the other is the elusive "only and first tech writer we have ever had" position where I'd actually be able to get everything set up. Ya'll don't know how wonderful that is to me. I've spent the better part of the last 11 years of my professional career going into a place and taking AT LEAST a year to clean up the documents and the process and the use of tools to make sure that everything runs as is should (meaning - EASIER). It sure would be nice to go into a place and be able to start up with setting things up the right way - six months of struggle, easily, down right there. Sigh.

In any case... gotta get through tomorrow. This weekend I plan on planting some tomatoes... it feels like spring, but it's never REALLY spring until tomato plants are in the ground. I also need to do some serious work on my portfolio before my interview... I kept the resume current, but I have neglected my portfolio.

The kitchen also needs SERIOUS cleaning... but I've already been putting that off, so I suppose that can wait.

No comments: