Monday, September 22, 2008

Tabasco Shrimp Tacos with Spiked Sour Cream

I always forget home much I like this recipe.

Flavored sour cream, spiced shrimp, thrown in a tortilla. Easy and always good.

Took a cue from someone else and cooked the onion until it was slightly golden before tossing the shrimp in the pan. The sweetness of the onion made for a very nice counterpoint to all the heat.

I bought some of the "homemade" salsa at the produce mart yesterday, which was very good. I don't know how they do it, but their salsa is always a very nice balance between tomatoes and spice (and even just the slightest bit of cilantro so I don't mind it too much).

In other news..... Heroes!!! Wooooo!!! And a shirtless Mohinder for a good portion of the episode(s) tonight. I'm a happy woman.

2 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

*pout* I am making sure I do not watch Heroes until after all my testing is done on Thursday. (I DVR'd it for the weekend.) Otherwise I would never get the studying finished.

Shrimp tacos. Mmmmmmmm.

Unknown said...

As long as you have DVR'd. A nice reward/escape for getting through all the testing. It's worth it. I hardly remember the last, shortened, season at all, but this one looks like it is gonna be good.

(Although, um... if you have wee ones watching, the last 5 minutes or so contain a scene that is a little graphically violent. After you see Peter make the telephone call, send all the kids to the kitchen to get some popcorn or something)