Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What the hell did I make for dinner last night??

Oh yeah. BLTs. Last of the good summer tomatoes, and it was hot and humid yesterday, and sandwiches just sounded good for dinner.

Tonight was pork chops... man, I need to find a good pork brine that doesn't just make everything too damned salty. I put the pork tenderloin in brine last night and when I made it in to chops tonight, it was just too salty for even my tastes. Oh well.

Also tried a Hash Brown Casserole AKA "funeral potatoes" to a lot of the world, from last month's Cooking Light. Not too bad, the onions could have been sauteed before adding to the casserole, they were too crunchy for my tastes. I might try them again anyway, since I have a good chunk of the block of Velveeta to use up still.

Also planning on prepping a Layered Enchilada Bake recipe for tomorrow. I know tomorrow is gonna be busy for me at work, and the hubby's got to pick up his comics and then he's going for a haircut after work, so he'll probably be home late and I figure that will stay warm for a bit.

Yeah. Craptacular cooking for me this week. It happens, people. As much as I love my kitchen, I do have a life outside my kitchen.

And speaking of, time to go do the "garbage day eve" fridge purge.....

P.S. - watching the very end of Reaper on the CW (that's the right channel, right??) and it's a pretty damned entertaining show.

No comments: