Sunday, August 10, 2008

I friggin' hate heartburn.....

Ugh. Ok Prilosec, will you start working already???

I might be partly to blame. Very bad menu choices for me, trying to enjoy my garden tomatoes and eating too much iceburg and romaine lettuce, which is a huge heartburn trigger for me.

This weekend probably didn't help... two kid's birthday parties with the standard summer grill food - hot dogs, burgers, sausages, etc. And I totally forgot until I was half done and ate romaine lettuce yesterday. And had a cup of real brewed coffee today (oddly - the International Coffee-type flavored coffee mixes never trigger heartburn for me, but the real stuff does).

But, trying to be better this week. Nice, non-acid-inducing lunch choices. Wooo. Bland food.

Bit life is not all bad.... booked the next Vegas trip today. We will be in Vegas for NFL Opening Weekend. We did this once before - our "honeymoon" trip, and the hubby had a blast. Since August was pretty booked with other events and we really need a vacation. It'll be a day longer than the usual trip (usually fly out on Thursday and head back on Sunday - this time we'll head back on Monday) but that is fine with me. I'll take as much time away from work as I can get!

2 comments:

Hurricane Mikey said...

Hey, here's something you can do with all those tomatoes..

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/007310homemade_tomato_juice.php

Unknown said...

Oooh... that looks good! Hmm. By this weekend I might even have three pounds of tomatoes about to go south....