Sunday, April 13, 2008

And the kitchen is closed....

Boy, today was a busy day.

Did chili.

Made the chicken salad for Curried Chicken Salad in Naan. That will be lunches this week, along with Grilled Ham, Cheese & Tomato sandwiches (which I think I'll actually do on tortillas). And turkey instead of ham. So not that much like that recipe at all, lol. But that's how I roll, baby.

Also mixed up the stuff for an artichoke dip for my nephew's birthday party on Saturday. That went in to the freezer, I'll pull it out to defrost later in the week and throw it in to the little crockpot to keep it warm on Saturday. But as I often do when I'm prepping food to bring to a party, I think I made waaay too much.

Also did some garlic confit and tomato confit. I want the garlic oil to make pita chips to go with the dip on Saturday, and I'll probably use the tomatoes in my sandwiches this week. Really, the romas at the market just looked so good I just wanted to buy them, again.

Got the kitchen cleaned, and the laundry is going.

No comments: