Monday, May 26, 2008

How To Burn Already Cooked Food.

Sigh. I hate it when I have bad moments in the kitchen.

Sure... I've been rocking it all weekend, and yesterday I did some very yummy pulled pork in the crockpot to have for dinner tonight.

And, we got none of the expected RAIN!!!! they were calling for in the forecast. And we didn't have anyone come over after seeing Indiana Jones this afternoon (frankly, after already seeing them yesterday, we were kinda sick of family).

So, before we left for the theater, I dumped the pork in the crockpot, poured in a little of the cooking liquid and some BBQ sauce, thinking it would all reheat nicely on low while we were watching the movie.

That was the plan, at least.

Got home, to this....


Yep, it burned to the sides of the crockpot. I tried to save the stuff that didn't look burnt, but it all tasted kinda burned. Sigh.

We ended up having nachoes for dinner. Go, America!

At least Harrison Ford still looks good shirtless. I don't consider the day a total waste.

Hopefully, the bad cooking won't continue to haunt me for the rest of the week. I guess we'll see if I manage to burn something as easy as frozen ravioli and jarred sauce tomorrow night....

1 comment:

Scarehaircare said...

This happened to me last week. I threw beef tips and BBQ sauce in the slow cooker and left buns on the counter and crudites and chips for Mr. Wondeful and the kids. they had scouts that night (Mr. Wonderful is Scoutmaster) and I knew they wouldn't have time to scramble for dinner with everything else planned.

I called that night (Lauren and I went to UT for post-surgery checkup)to see how dinner went. It was burned to the slow cooker and dinner ended up being cereal. *sigh*

You are not alone.