Monday, March 9, 2009

Do not fear... the cats are still OK....

Or so I assume, since no cat or other creature left any, um, "presents" on our front stoop. One animal has done that in the past.

I, on the other hand, have not fared as well. I don't think it's due to the little trial I had of the Beef Stew with Chocolate, but I have been suffering with a low-level migraine all day, but I at least found some Excedrin Migraine in the medicine cabinet and I don't care if the date on them has rubbed off (and I know they're not a super recent purchase), I almost cried with joy when I popped a couple.

But the cats were hilarious when I threw out the beef last night... the two that live in the yard between our place and our neighbor are notoriously picky (I once stood and watched as one picked the prosciutto off of scallops and ate only that, and left the scallops). The ultra-picky one licked a few pieces of beef and walked away. The other one ate a couple pieces of beef and then walked away. In their defense, they do prefer pork.

But some of the other cats that are around the neighborhood came and finished up the rest... and with the amount I have been seeing new cats as people discard them in the current economy, I was more than happy to have fed them.

Hopefully I'll be back in shape tomorrow.

No comments: