Thursday, March 12, 2009

So exactly when are they going to get this flu shot formula right?

Kinda around this same time last year, the flu was going around work, and it knocked me out for a day.

I made it a point to get a flu shot this year, especially since some people who even got it last year who then got the flu said the flu was not as bad.

It started on Monday.... I thought it was a migraine because my head was killing me, and I was also pretty queasy.

Tuesday, my head was still in pain. Wednesday, my head was still in pain.

This morning, I had a fever. I called in (ok, emailed).

After that, I headed back to bed. I woke up around 12:30, had some soup and a bagel, took a shower, and went back to bed. Woke back up around 5:30 when the hubby came home.

I think the fever has broken and I'm feeling slightly more human... I've been up since then (partly because I want to fall asleep tonight) and my head is actually not pounding and I haven't taken anything for it.

Oh, and apparently my laptop power supply cord died at some point during the day... I spent time trying to find my spare cord and I could not, but I did find my other backup power supply (that gets kinda hot, hence not wanting to use it - but I had to spend over $100 on our first Vegas trip to buy this thing when I forgot my power cord on our first Vegas trip, I ain't gonna throw this thing out). Yay. Winner day overall.

Hopefully, I'll be back to work tomorrow. I'd hope to get the house (or at least the downstairs) clean this week since I think the replacement of the water heater is happening on Saturday. Too bad, so sad. I know my father in law, and my mother in law - if she stops by, will forgive the uncleaned floors and minor disarray.

Funniest thing.... I planned to throw some chicken bones in the crock pot this morning to make some chicken stock, I want to make some potato-leek soup for Sunday, when we head over to the in-laws for corned beef (a tradition for his family). I didn't even have the energy to do that. If I still don't have it tomorrow morning, there is always Saturday.

No comments: