Thursday, May 14, 2009

Are you friggin' kidding me??

If I was not already being laid off tomorrow, this was one of those weeks where I just might have quit.

It's been a busy week at work.

Sure, the one group that I need information from has been ignoring me. But there has been plenty more to do.

The two customer notices that needed to be written for projects that no longer have product managers. I knew what the changes were, but finding out *why* we decided to do these changes was "fun".

Re-doing one of our CDs. Three times now, this week.

Making 10 software/documentation CD packages to help get the other writer stocked up, to find out five minutes later that they're doing a software release tomorrow.

Hurriedly making the changes that were supposed to go into the hep files months ago, so they could do into tomorrow's software build. To then be told they weren't going to bother to update the Help files, even though I've been telling them they need to get them in.

Then the fun of undoing all the changes I made.

Updates for four pages to the customer web site.

Creating new CD labels. Five of them.

Creating new CD sleeves. Only one of those.

There has been more friggin' work to do this week than since the first of the year. Ok, maybe except for the last software release.

I kinda lost it when we got notice today that they're doing another software release tomorrow. Um... thanks for the notice???

Right around 5pm today, one of the dudes who is also on the layoff list crossed my path as I headed to the ladies room. He asked me if I was coming in tomorrow, since apparently more than a few people aren't bothering.

Yes, I am an idiot, and I am going in tomorrow. I will try to get some things done... not as much as I originally had hoped, but I sure as heck am not going to let that bother me.

So, easy dinner tonight was a must. I needed to get on the elliptical to work out some of the stress in my shoulders.

Bring on the Chicken Breasts With Garlic and Parsley.

I've actually made this recipe before, and it's one of those great ones where it takes you more time to prep the ingredients than cook the food. Me like.

Dredge some chicken breast pieces in Wondra flour, dump in hot skillet.



Cook until browned (mine always take longer than 3 1/2 minutes).



Dump in garlic, chopped parsley and butter....



It was hard to get a clear picture, with all the steamy goodness....


Ahhhh. Body happy, tummy happy, and the Miller High Life waiting for me on the coffee table will do some good in getting my mood happy enough to not just turn around in the damned parking lot tomorrow morning and head home.

No comments: