Sunday, May 24, 2009

So good. So easy.



It's always going to be a good Sunday when you're done with the majority of the dinner cooking tasks by 9am.

Today was some oldies but goodies... Sunday Gravy and No-Knead Bread.

I was such a slacker, I've got nothing but "finished" photos.

My no-knead bread came out a little lumpy.... ooops....




This week, my mom gave me a bottle of wine from a case she bought from the winery that is in her town.



I've been too the Lynfred Winery before, and tasted some of their product. They do make some tasty wines of out the few grapes you can grow in Illinois, but they also make wines from grapes from more grape-friendly places now. Since I was about to consider trading my car to any neighbor who could give me a bottle of Chianti and this was the only red wine I had in the house, I figured I'd break it open. And I was very surprised. Very good stuff... nice and spicy. Went well with the meal.

The Sunday Gravy in it's yummy goodness.....



And how I love Trader Joe's parpadelle pasta....



Yumminess of the bread, sliced and ready to be dipped in olive oil and parmesan cheese...


Yeah. I might be able to get away with the trick of some flower on my face and trying to make it seem like it was a lot of work... but yeah... the hubby was far too aware of how lazy I was today. But, luckily, that doesn't taint the enjoyment.

No comments: