Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One day the headline will read: Hausfrau Dies at the Hands of Fluffy Stuffed Animals....

Seriously.

Last week it was carpeted stairs... this week... water.

Mind you, boiling & salted water - but harmless old H20 none the less.

Sigh.

But at least the pasta was tasty??

I knew I had building blocks of a pasta dish in the fridge from leftovers from the Mother's Day CookAThon.... leeks, mushrooms, Boursin cheese. Add some shrimp and zucchini, and you've got the makings of a nice meal.



There is also ricotta in the picture above. Thankfully, I tasted it before I decided to commit to using it, since it had apparently turned. I never knew that ricotta could go sour, but this stuff sure did.

Shell and cook the shrimp about halfway through....



Add the zucchini...



Leeks and mushrooms...


A couple glugs of milk and the hunk-o-Boursin...


Yummy sauce....



And if you're not me, you just add some cooked pasta and have a lovely meal.

However, if you are me and have a crappy little six-inch deep kitchen sink, you'll end up trying to pour out the pasta and water to let it drain, and the water will swwwoooosh right back up and you and give you a nasty and painful burn on your left thigh. And right foot.

And then you throw out a long string of obscenities directed at the sink as you slam the front door shut and rip off your pants so you at least don't have to flash your neighbors, then finish draining the stinkin' pasta and add it to the sauce, then head upstairs to put your leg under a cold shower for ten minutes. Or so I'm told.

I swear to friggin' (enter diety name here) that when I get a new job, the first thing I am doing is going out and buying a proper, DEEP kitchen sink. I will pull out that old piece of crap with glee. I might have the leave the actual plumbing connections to the hubby, but God As My Witness, I'll never burn myself because of that stinkin' shallow sink again.

1 comment:

Hairball T. Hairball said...

Hope your leg feels better!