Monday, July 16, 2007

Mundane Monday... sometimes it just turns out that way...

Nothing much going on today.

Dinner last night was good, chicken turned out wonderful (as always) potato salad was as decent as I can ever make, and the glazed carrots were very yummy. Recipe could have been a bit clearer... I believe it says to bring them to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the veggies are cooked and you have the veg perfectly glazed. So I brought to a boil, then reduced to a simmer. And waited. And waited. And pulled out the veg and waited. And waited. And finally brought it up to a boil and in about a minute, it was done.

Today's culinary adventures brought me to the deli meat counter at the produce mart... the hubby called me at work at 4:30 to announce he was getting a haircut at 7pm. So much for the steaks (which weren't defrosted anyway). I had roast beef, he had a turkey sandwich. I figure I'll used up the remainder this week for lunches.

Work was busy... I was a bit of a space cadet last week so I had some catching up to do. But no emergencies, which is always a good (and rare) thing at work.

Right now, I have some pork and salsa simmering away in the crock pot for pork tacos tomorrow. Which reminds me, have to remind the hubby to NOT have Taco Bell for lunch tomorrow. He's got an uncanny knack for having Taco Bell on nights I'm planning to serve Mexican food.

And yet again, I've neglected my poor little Palm for so long it's forgotten the settings. I swear, I only whip that thing out and am interested when I'm plugging in Vegas Vacation details lately.

No comments: