Monday, November 26, 2007

It's gonna be a loooong week....

It was just one of those work morning when you arrive and BLAM! everything is an emergency. Not to mention that something I have feared messing up for the entire two years I have been there, I messed up for the first time this week. D'oh. That pissed me off big time. In the big picture, it's not a huge deal and all of the usual checks and balances to catch this error also failed, so it's not entirely me, but it is mostly me. Sigh.

Still have my cold, so I did not attempt any big cooking tonight. I fell alseep on the couch and when I woke, hubby had attacked the turkey I cooked yesterday (You weren't saving this for anything, were you sweetie? Not anymore!) and was making himself some sandwiches. I slapped some ham and cheese on bread for me and heated up tomato soup and it was dinnertime. Gourmet, huh??

I hope to be more motivated tomorrow, I have oysters I need to deal with. They had them at the grocery for the Thanksgiving holiday, and I just had to get some even though I had no plans to use them for Turkey Day. Might do some oyster & shrimp po' boys. Tomorrow for lunch, I'm meeting my old co-worker at the the Thai restaurant owned by another old co-worker, since the restaurant owner took a really good job offer in Texas, so his place is not going to be open for too much longer.

I should be less of a slacker and get on top of the Christmas decorating this week. But, I figure i gotta clean and vacuum first, which means this weekend at the earliest. I'm one of those people who doesn't want the tree up too long, but we've got stuff coming up every other weekend until Christmas, and well, I don't wanna be that much of a slacker. And my tree is pretty and I do love looking at all my ornaments (note to self... must talk about my ornaments in a future rambling edition).

No comments: