Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Take that, Bill Gates!!!

It's always a happy moment when you manage to beat Windows in to submission.

For at least a year and a half, I've been trying to really get my current work's VPN working on my laptop. With little success. And it wasn't that big of a deal, since with working 10 hour days, I was pretty happy to come home and actually not be able to work due to technical difficulties.

But... since I'll still be doing some work crap for the soon-to-be-former-company, I needed to get it all straightened out.

And of course. It. Was. A. Nightmare. I hate Windows sometimes.

Started trying, in earnest, to get it all working last Wednesday. Gave up for the holiday weekend, and spent all last night trying everything I could think of and a couple of web suggestions.

Tonight, more web suggestions and other crap, and after finally re-setting a zillion and a half things, it is working. It is happy.

And god, I hate Windows. And god, I am SO happy I was not trying to do this on Windows Vista. I have at least a minor respect for XP.

No comments: